Saturday 24 May 2014

Minty cupboard love

 
I have been wanting to paint something in a mint green shade for AGES! I don't have a lot of this beautiful shade in my home to be honest, but it is definitely one of those colours that catches my eye whether it be furniture, home wares, room colour etc.....
Delovesdesigns.com
Making Home Base
 Interior Revolution
Refunkmyjunk.com
 
So this antique cupboard came home with me and it had a ghastly cherry stain on it. I decided this would be the piece to get mint-ed! I painted it all over, hardware included (which I don't often do, but love in on this piece) and sanded back the top to reveal a lovely mid-toned timber. I buffed a white wax into this to emphasise the weathered, beachy look and then simply lined the drawer.
 

 
 
 
She sold quickly, so there are some other mint fans out there for sure - i'll definitely paint in this shade again soon! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...