Wednesday 17 September 2014

Driftwood inspired desk/hall table

I love driftwood! I liked the idea of using the beautiful weathered style wood to add interest to one of my painted pieces. Problem is, we live an hour from the coast BUT we do live on a farm which means lots of older sections of wood knocking around (if you know where to look!)

Shorely Chic
 
Decorfeed
 
 
I had a little old orange desk given to me that needed painting and a new top (I ALWAYS forget the before pic, sorry!). I fancied revisiting my love for Annie Sloan's Florence Chalk Paint, which is always popular, with just a touch of old white added. So I painted and waxed up the base, then gave it a spot-distressing with short, sharp scratches from the sandpaper.
Leslie Stocker - Colourways

Then I borrowed some battered old wood from one of the stashes on the farm and cut it into lengths as the top of the desk. I thought it was quite obvious to white-wash them, as lovely as that look is, so I thought a wash with Greek Blue would look great against the Florence.

Here are the results...

 
 

 


 
 
 
 

 
I love how it turned out. Whether a desk or hall table, its really different. The colours scream "summer is coming!" to me. This piece is for sale so please get in touch if you are interested :)

7 comments:

  1. Nice to see your this furniture collection. Just loved and found somewhat similar to our product range.

    You can also check our antique furniture online at www.riseonly.com

    We are manufacturer of antique furniture and Looking forward to have a mutual business deal.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice article. I think many of us will be confused while selecting the furniture for our home. This stool is perfect for my patio. Thanks for sharing.
    Outdoor Radiant Heaters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful, just what a blog it is! This blog has provided the helpful idea to us continue the good work

    Landscape Solutions

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...